Originally Posted by JGRaider
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Shot about 10 pigs with them, and not one fell over dead.....if I hadn't seen where most of them ran into the plum thickets/shinnery I'd have never found them. No blood trail, nothing, nada. In my neophyte opinion of using "target bullets" to kill stuff, I'd choose a scenar every time, or an ELDM.

This mirrors my experience with the 6.5mm 140 VLD. 8-10 elk, some mule deer bucks and assorted bear and the like. Quite often an absolute mess resulted if I found them at all. Only had one exit and that was on a non shoulder shot rag bull at 600 yards. I did break the inside shoulder of a big mule deer at 385 yards but he ran a good 100 yards before dying. That wasn’t an issue per se, but not what a lot of people seem to experience. I don’t think I have seen a single critter fold up instantly to a Berger and I start mine at 2880 FPS.

That said, I am out of here in the morning for caribou with 6.5mm 135 Classics at about the same starting velocity. Last year’s bull took 3 of these in the chest at 100 yards before dying but since I have plenty on hand they’re what I am going with.

I do have 400 139 grain Scenars but was busy this summer and didn’t get around to loading them up.