Originally Posted by 79S
With all the high bc copper bullets availability Badlands, Hammer, Maker etc why even use Berger’s?

after what my poor experience was with Berger bullets on bigger bucks for 2 years , i will now try Hammer bullets ,in the past i used Nosler Partitions and Swift A-Frame bullet both worked great. but when i tried Berger VLD Hunter bullets that`s when i had some problems . the Hammer bullets shoot well as did all the rest i mentioned even the Bergers shoot well , its just i need a better bullet to stay together in my higher velocity cartridge 257 Weatherby mag. , it is fun to load different bullets to see how they preform on game animals. in my tracking rifle a Browning BLR 30-06 if i ever did need to track a wounded animal that rifle is using 180 gr. Nosler Partitions or if i ever draw a black bear tag i will use this 30-06 too. > so the question at the top of this post i agree with > the why reason try copper bullets instead ? i will be using copper bullets too this year and probably many more years in son`s and my deer rifles ? also thinking about ordering some 22 caliber Hammer bullets for my grandson`s rifle a 223 AR-15 for this years deer season.

Last edited by pete53; 09/30/22.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman