clockwork 7mm;
Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it.

The hunt itself was a grand experience, as was the getting there to Kenya. The reasons behind our family being there were fairly complicated and not all positive, but hey, that's life is it not?

For all appearances it seems I've survived it anyways, you know?

If memory serves, back then in Saskatchewan the minimum age was 12 to hunt. Maybe just big game, but maybe anything, sorry that part I'm not sure about.

Here in BC it's 10 and when one turns 10, one can hunt anything and everything that there's a season for. I for one have thought that a graduated "small game" for younger kids wouldn't be an altogether horrible idea, but I'm apparently next to the only one who thinks that! laugh

Here's our two girls with their first bucks, they were 10 and 12 in that photo. The 10 year old on the left is shooting a .250AI and the 12year old a 6.5x55 that she'd inherited from her late Grandad.

[Linked Image]

Way, way back in the ancient days here on the 'Fire, someone asked what our most memorable day hunting was. That photo is mine sir.

It beat me getting some decent deer, the first black bear, a bull moose and even a California Bighorn. I doubt I'll ever top it.

Thanks again and all the best.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"