I assembled a good circumstantial case of UpThePole's true identity based on comparative post content. I struck a nerve, and in classic Larry Root fashion UpThePole railed against people who "hide behind screen names", and "internet tough guys" amongst other things. Of course he did this using a screen name. When I asked if UpThePole was his legal name he sent me a very Root-esque PM. Part of the text included this gem: "Anytime you want to get off your fat keyboard warrior azz and discuss this FTF come see me in AZ." That sounds like an internet tough guy to me.

In his forum post he also said something about people who don't contribute anything to the conversation on the site. Since he was replying to me I'll read that as an accusation. I don't expect anyone to pipe up and get stuck wrestling with this tar baby, but there are more than two or three members I've helped out with handloading issues or procedure. For example, "Mathman's Lee collet die instructions" anyone?

The enormity of his hypocrisy would be astounding if I didn't have a strong suspicion of who I'm dealing with.