Originally Posted by rickt300
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by deflave
Who raised the ones that did?

Gen X.

LOL

You need to get out more.

Hey duckweenie, guess you never raised any kids. It is like herding turtles, don't matter what you tell em ther school buddies have far more effect on their opinions than their parents do.

That don't sound right.

Have you tried spending time with them?

I'll just skip right to the chicken dinner!

Wife and I homeschool the kids. Yes, it is a serious commitment of time, energy, and patience. We also gave up a lot of money to make that choice.

Do any of you imagine that things will get better without commitment, sacrifice, and a fuucking plan?

Or is it all "I voted straight ticket R!"

Fuuck off, worthless do-nothings. You ARE the problem.

And how do you know your kids want turn out like the rest of their generation when they get out of the dungeon and out in society with all the commie, woke, whatever buttheads running around trying to influence them?

Can't keep them under lock and key forever, and there are too many detrimental influences on young folks these days with all the technology and BS out there.

I have 2 teenage sons. One of them rides bulls. plays football, wrestles, hunts fishes, etc. I think he will turn out to be a good ole red blooded, republican voting American, but he hangs out with a bunch of woke kids too so I have no ideal what influences they have on him...

I'm still working on the younger son trying to turn him into a redneck, country boy, and not having much luck..I think he's probably going to turn into a woke DEM eventually no matter what I do..He was just born to be the opposite of my other son. He does excel at school and learning so I think he will have a great future as long as our country and economy survives.
Simple. I talk with them. All the time. I tell them my thoughts. I point them to reality, the stuff that is age-appropriate.The kids pick up all kinds of ridiculous ideas from friends and the shows they watch. I point them back to reality. Which has nothing with being a redneck or voting "R." I am half of their homeschooling. We've been going over the Delaration of Independence for the past month, a few days a week. They are quite brilliant, each in their own ways.

The wife and I spent several years finding a place to raise them. A community with good people who are grounded in reality. We found it in a very inhospitable environment. Again, a sacrifice in many ways. But the only solution. We don't dictate what our kids become, but we can provide an environment where they are loved, challenged, disciplined, guided, shaped, and accepted. In the end, if I don't trust that my sacrifice, commitment, and plan amount to anything, I'd be just another "R" voting, TV-staring, consuming retard. If I can't trust my kids to at least make fewer mistakes than I have, why would I bother? Abortion is legal.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.