Originally Posted by steve4102
“Beat the Democrats” is a falsity, as there really isn’t any true separation between the existing parties. It is called THE UNIPARTY for a reason.

If the Republicans wanted to open up energy production, close the boarder, cut spending, keep us out of wars, they wouldn’t have tried to block Trump’s agenda back in 2017 when they controlled both houses. They wouldn’t have conspired with the Democrats and the Deep State to stop Trump back in 2020 and they wouldn’t have intentionally sabotaged the campaigns of Trump endorsed candidates on 2022.

Republicans are NOT The Solution, they are Party First not America first.

Right, I know all I did was illustrate the problem without offering a solution.

So here is the best I can do,
The solution to any problem is to first “ admit that the problem exists” , start there.

See, there are things we can agree on. Paul Ryan should be horsewhipped for they way he blocked Trump's agenda. There is a problem. GOP cannot lead when in power, they act like the minority party. All things we can agree on. whenever there is a problem to solve, inaction and constant criticism are not solutions. Let me ask you (and others) an honest question:

Did you vote for Ronald Reagan? Did you like Reagan? Did you like what he did for America and the spirit and the attitude he restored?

I did. I bought into Reagan and his concept of American Exceptionalism. I rejected the gloom and doom of the Ford/Carter years. Reagan rejected the notion that America's was done, and her best years were behind her, that capitalism needed to co-exist with communism, that government regulation and control were the best ways to run an economy.

Reagan had a simple plan for the economy - cut taxes, chop regulations and let the America spirit and capitalism free. We enjoyed almost 30 years of economic expansion from his work. (save a couple of blips). Reagan did not want to co-exist with communists, he wanted to defeat them, and he did it economically. He cut energy costs from (then) $30+/bbl to under $10 (1985) while forcing the USSR to increase defense spending. He cut their income, increased their expenses and they folded.

Can you name another President who did something similar, like increase NATO spending, increase domestic energy production? Bet you can.

My point is there is a way forward. Battles are not always easy or victory straightforward much less permanent. The other side fights back.

You can criticize me for my long term optimism is you want, but like Reagan, I believe in American Exceptionalism and because of that I look for the way forward. If you liked Reagan, you might like this. Keep Well.

https://www.hoover.org/sites/default/files/research/docs/amerex_ch12.pdf

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo