Originally Posted by ldholton
well this just goes to prove you can't believe much of what you read on the internet. now honestly I do not know which way is true. read last night that the Republicans have pulled it off and had taken the house and pelosi would no longer be speaker.?? and this was of current news not a couple days old I have no idea...
but it also went on to say that the speaker did not have to be an elected member of the house if they could be appointed. leading to a scenario where Trump could possibly be speaker of the House. I have no idea if this was something that could in reality actually happen most likely not I'm sure but it just goes to prove everybody put something up that may or may not be true and the [bleep] internet can be a black hole..
It is true that the Speaker of The House does not have to be a member of the House.

That said, member of not the process is the same, a member of the majority Party nominates a candidate, then the majority party hold a yes, or no vote.

Nobody in the Republican Establishment is going to nominate Trump, and even if by some miracle he was nominated, he could never capture a majority yes vote.

After all, several Republicans voted to impeach him, they sure as hell aren’t going to elect him as their leader.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.