Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Mine would see use on 22LR, 22 Magnum, 17HM2 and 17HMR and on 223 as well.

There are two things that define a 'rimfire' can; size & ability to disassemble and clean it.

The ability to clean out the lead and lube is a concern only for 22LR (or any lead alloy bullet).

The 22 Magnum, 17HM2, and 17 HMR bullets obviously are jacketed and not lubed. Though Winchester does have (had?) a 22 Magnum lead bullet round (dynapoints - I believe?), as well as Winchester & CCI WRF ammo that can be fired in a 22 Magnum that has a lead alloy & lubed bullet.

So you need to take a look at how much you are going to shoot 22 LR and 223 for selecting your suppressor.

If shooting 22LR is going to be rare, then I'd look at a larger suppressor, especially if you're going to shoot a lot of 223.

However, the 22LR (subsonic in a rifle) is the quietest suppressed round, truly "Hollywood" quiet. All the others you mention are supersonic, and the supersonic crack (from breaking the sound barrier) cannot be eliminated.

Please note that I do not own a 22 Magnum or a 17 HMR, so those that do can answer best what 'rimfire' suppressor works well for suppressing those rounds.

Jerry

Si vis pacem, para bellum