Originally Posted by CashisKing
Originally Posted by jerrywoodswalker
Originally Posted by CashisKing
ALL... quite literally ALL .22 cans work the same...

The math is that easy...

Don't over think it...

I whole heartedly Disagree; Based on experience with only a few cans (centerfire & rimfire).

Unless of course you're talking rimfire rifles only, then you are partly correct. Out of a .22 LR rifle most any can is good. A .22LR pistol will separate the so so cans from the really good cans.

Only partly correct because the ability of the design to be easily disassembled and cleaned is important.

No, "Don't over think it", but use the experience of those who have or have shot multiple cans to get the best suppressor for your needs.

I will also add that I often buy and try different guns, If a any gun doesn't fly my kite, it can pretty easily be sold... Not so with suppressors, so shop wisely.

I was speaking about a .22 can...

I thought I said that above...

I am not familiar with any .22 can that cannot be easily disassembled for cleaning

As for centerfire... I own 9...

This topic was about rimfires IIRC...

Not sure anyone is still making sealed rimfire cans. Was very common in the past. Some of those manufacturers offered a cleaning service where you would send it back and they would open and clean it and return it to you.

Aside from that, some cans are much easier to take apart to clean. The Silencerco Sparrow comes to mind.

"ALL... quite literally ALL .22 cans work the same..."
Also, my main point is that there is a BIG difference in suppression, which is easily detected on 22 Rimfire pistols, All Rimfire Suppressors are not equal in suppression. Which is what I took your statement to imply. Forgive me if I misinterpreted that.

Jerry

Si vis pacem, para bellum