Paul,

The 14.5" is the minimum barrel length for .223/5.56 use, anything 14.5" or longer is fine per Griffin.
And, there is no minimum barrel length for 22LR, 22 Magnum, 17 HMR & 5.7.

"My hope was that I could find a suppressor that I could move freely back and forth. One that can be disassembled for cleaning rimfire crud. The suppressor will not see a whole lot of use on any platform. I am most interested in silence at subsonic 22LR velocities."

There is no perfect answer...

The Optimus Micro would work. It has excellent 22LR rifle & pistol suppression, and can be used on some 22 caliber centerfires. However, due to the lack of volume, it would not be optimal for 5.56 suppression.

I believe I've read of a few other centerfire rifle suppressors that can be taken apart for cleaning. For rimfire use, due to the bulk (generally 1.5" dia.), they would not be optimal on a rimfire, but would/should offer better suppression than the Optimus Micro. I find the size obnoxious on a centerfire rifle, but the trade off for suppression is worth it.

The standard answer is to buy a rimfire suppressor first, and later get a centerfire suppressor. Not bad advice, but for obvious financial reasons, it's not what a lot of people can or want to do.

I shoot a bunch of 22LR, a 22 suppressor is what I specifically wanted. After shooting 22LR suppressed, I was extremely impressed and went on to centerfire rifle suppressors.

Now, I've got several rimfire & centerfire suppressors... If I were starting over, I would get the Optimus Micro as a first suppressor, since besides shooting rimfire, it allows you to dabble with centerfires.

Jerry

Last edited by jerrywoodswalker; 11/15/22.

Si vis pacem, para bellum