Originally Posted by colorado bob
I have a S&W airweight & my wife has a Ruger LCR both in 38 spl. These are our CC guns. What I did is to buy from Mackay_Sagebrush some loaded ammo. It's 148 grain wad cutter. He is licensed to make& sale ammo. That's what I put in both our revolvers. It seems like you want to hand load for your friend but this maybe an easier route. Also go to U tube & find Paul Harrell. He's done a few videos on the 38
& sub-nose revolver. He's already done the work. Really good information there.

Mackay is here on the board. You can find him thru the search feature. He's a stand up guy.

Thanks so much! I did want to load for them as we both had lots of brass already and I had primers and powder so it seemed it would be cheaper than what their charging for defensive loads. But like I told my friend, cost for loads to protect you and your wifes lives is better than the result of bullet failures or not being able to hit the perp!

I have read a few post where Mr. Mackay chimed in and he seems to make good loads that lots here are happy with. That may be an option also. I've been footing the bill for these loads (my friend is quite the penny pincher) but can't do it for much more. Have my own family to setup for also!

I will look up Mr. Harrell also and watch some of those videos also!

Thanks again!!!

Proper prior practice prevents piss poor performance!