Originally Posted by Big Stick
Bullets matter more than headstamps. I'd want Rem 700 COAL and the ability to Smooch magfed .838BC 190 Beer Cans,which is a breeze mechanically. Hint.

Had a couple visiting pards out the other day and as per usual,my crummy was wooded with Exceptional Wares. Went through the gamut in Real World conditions(rain/haze/fog/snow/wind),beating wind calls into heads,while they mutherfhuqked their Geovids. So after they were going to build this and going to build that,I unlimbered n OEM Big Green 24" 7mm RemMag with 2950fps 180's at 1710yds and turned them loose. That .796 BC projectile in a "schit" Factory Rifle,STOLE The Show,though such things can go NO other way. I never even fired the rifle,to put The Dazzle on. Hint.(grin)

Barrels are fhuqking cheap and a simple boolit swap,can make a guy MUCH better in the wind,by mechanical default. A Factory PRC 143 at 2960fps drifts 63.5" at 1000yds,arriving at 1615fps. The above 180 launched at the cited 2950fps,drifts 46.7" in the same 10MPH full value atmosphere and only arrives at 1860fps. Hint.

Bullets,bullets and bullets...roughly in that order. Hint..................

Fantastic post ! saving for future reference ...

See Stick, u can do it ! (write legibly)

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".