Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
Originally Posted by Trystan
Originally Posted by 30338
I can't see a 7 PRC doing anything the 7mm Remington hasn't been doing for decades. Plenty of mag space in a 700 for the Remmy and 180/195 grain bullets. Plenty of brass, dies, factory ammo. I'll happily slum a 7 Remington if I feel the need.

For now a rather pedestrian 6.5-284 is working for my long range needs. And oh, not a lot the 6.5-284 can't do compared to a 6.5 PRC. But I digress.

I'll happily take the 7PRC strictly for reloading purposes of getting around the belt that they put on then 7 rem mag. Whoever invented that belt that serves zero purpose should be kicked in the nuts IMO
You're an idiot. It's called "headspace." It ensures that your gun will fire, and safely. It certainly had a purpose, and that belt still serves the same purpose.

You should be bitching at the guys who kept repurposing the H&H base case for every new "magnum" they wanted to peddle to the masses.

Can't you headspace off the shoulder after 1 fire form and adjust your FL die accordingly??

Also, doesn't the 7 mag have a history of pressure spikes hence the SAAMI 61K PSI??

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb