Originally Posted by GrouseChaser
Originally Posted by BKinSD
But I do think its G%d Dam&$ed important to get kids out hunting anyway we can. If that means putting out "inferior birds" so they can shoot them, take them home and take a measure of pride in it, then I'm all for that.

OK, well then let's award kids a participation trophy for firing a gun, even if they miss the target. Let's let them ride anywhere on ATVs, shoot anytime from vehicles, give them every artificial advantage to draw blood and snuff a critter. Heck, let's put tame three-legged deer out for kids to shoot too because "it is so G%d Dam&$ed important to get kids hunting anyway we can."

Lots of straw man arguments there. I guess if you don't want to "pot the inferior birds" then don't do it. I tend to enjoy a bit of rough shooting myself. It can get old shooting my limit of wild pheasants in 30 minutes.

Some people, especially kids in my own view, need to achieve success in order to learn to replicate it. I think that carries over to hunting, perhaps more so than other pursuits. Anyway, I hope that you find someone who can live up to your high standards to enjoy your day with. Lots of bird season left, can't wait to get back out there. Good luck!

"Miss Jean Louise, stand up. Your father's passin.'"