Originally Posted by pete53
Originally Posted by dassa
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Nothing attracts kids to a new activity like frustration and failure.
We didn't get any special treatment or youth seasons when I was a kid. You could go out and hunt like a man in the grown up season or stay the fugg home and play with the kiddie toys. For god sakes no wonder there's so many spoiled little snow flake pansies these days.
When you were a kid, farmers didn't plow all the way to the fence, millionaires didn't lease all the best hunting land, and kiddie toys were a tire and a stick.
We also had to work cutting firewood, throwing hay bales and running trap lines to earn the money for our own guns and shells. We didn't have to be coaxed and coddled into going hunting, we had to work for it. We certainly wouldn't want the little darlins to have to work for anything today.
You must be a real bad ass. Would you have done that stuff if you didn't have access to birds to hunt?

If you would have, you're an idiot. Normal people don't bust their ass for zero reward.

when my father gave us our chores for the day no matter what the weather condition we did them. maybe that`s why i was a REA lineman for 35 years in Northern Minnesota work and weather never did bother me ? if we didn`t do our work / chores we did not get to hunt , fish or get any ammo father was tuff ,there was no whining or crying that just made things tougher. i guess city kids and now city adults won`t understand this work ethics but country kids now adults know what i am talking about.
Not sure what you're trying to say, but it sounds like you're saying you worked for 35 years for free. Cause somehow you're a bad ass country kid.

Oh, wait. If you didn't do your chores, you didn't get to go hunting. That sounds like a reward. Now, try to be honest, would you have done your chores, with the reward of going hunting, if there were no birds to hunt?

If so, you sound like as big a bad ass as blackheart.