Originally Posted by Wideopen
Originally Posted by BKinSD
Originally Posted by Wideopen
Originally Posted by BKinSD
I tend to enjoy a bit of rough shooting myself. It can get old shooting my limit of wild pheasants in 30 minutes.

...I hope that you find someone who can live up to your high standards to enjoy your day with. Lots of bird season left, can't wait to get back out there. Good luck!
Every time I read about your pheasant hunts, I'm left wondering why you even bother doing it. You talk about how little effort you'd like to expend, how it's boring to get quick limits, and that you can't imagine spending hours chasing them. You rarely sound like you enjoy the task. Your videos of gunning birds as you stand next to a round bale look pretty boring to me. It reminds me of my years growing up on the farm, and shooting pigeons as they fly back to the barn. Have you ever followed a bird dog that you trained through cover? If not, you're missing out, because it's wonderful watching them put the puzzle together. And if you have trained one, you're the first person I've ever encountered that speaks of upland hunting the way you do.

As a retired Wildlife Biologist, I'd say GrouseChaser made some excellent points. I'd join him for a hunt any day. And if it's a full day afield, all the better.

Oh, you can just go and pound sand. The 'holier than thou' attitude doesn't sit well with me. My dogs are trained, by me, and have been led, and followed, through plenty of cover, over hill and dale in search of grouse, partridge, and indeed, hundreds and hundreds of pheasants. Some for kids, some for adults, and plenty of them were a ton of fun. If you want to spend a whole day at it, be my guest.
I'm just responding to your typically arrogant posts. They're your words, not mine. You can't imagine hunting all day. You find it boring to get your limit in 30 minutes. You talk about wanting to expend little effort for pheasants. I can't imagine a kid or anyone else benefiting from the form of mentorship you describe here. If you don't want to be mocked, try changing how you describe your hunts. Otherwise, I'll feel free to repeat your words. And, holier than thou? Aren't you the one that said you hoped GrouseChaser finds someone that can live up to his high standards? Keep typing and I'll keep trashing your short attention span.

LOL, back to this again? You don't like how others hunt and can't stand it. Pretty typical from the "wildlife biologist" mindset. And you call me arrogant? LMAO.

I bet it just kills you the number of kids who benefit from my guidance and mentorship. Just for you, I'll double down on those efforts for the rest of the season. I think I'll introduce them to the ol' BK-five shell personally imposed limits game and see what they think of it. I'll even let you know and post pictures for you.

"Miss Jean Louise, stand up. Your father's passin.'"