First impression of the SWFA 1-4 that arrived yesterday is that it’s built like a tank! It feels stout, turrets are crisp and everything works properly. I adjusted the diopter to my setting and played with the illumination. I’m impressed that even with my astigmatism I can clearly see the dot inside the Diamond through most of the illumination settings.

The glass is very bright and the reticle is one that I find instinctive. This scope caused me to shuffle a bunch of scopes. I was going to order another BTR 2-12 but with this sale I decided to buy another 1 of these immediately along with another set of rings only in low this time.

I took the BTR 2-12 off my 20” Whelen and mounted this SWFA 1-4 instead. The BTR will go on a .338WM and the next SWFA 1-4 will go on an AR….which leads me to think I’ll be getting 2 more of these in the next week or so.

I don’t find eye relief to be an issue and it’s not tough to get behind if mounted properly for the shooter. It might be more finicky than other scopes but I’m so used to different things that I’m usually able to adapt. We’re all built different so what works great for me might be terrible for someone else.

I think it’s a great scope at a great price. FWIW….this SWFA 1-4x24 feels like I’d expect a “mil-spec” quality scope to feel like and perform (superficially) like as compared to the Bushnell 1-6x24 which feels “consumer grade”. Totally subjective but that’s my honest take. I’d buy more of the Bushnell 1-6x24 for $120 and I’ll damn sure buy a couple more of the SWFA 1-4 for $200.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~