Without getting too far into the weeds of comparisons/contrast and lay it out from a guy that has a pile of rounds on an swfa 1-4 and other lpvo’s..

Swfa 1-4 cons
The illumination sucks. It isn’t useful at all on a sunny day.

The 1x experience isn’t great. It’s not straight rubbish but it’s not good either. Plenty of warping. Anything close to 1x at that 7-20yard range means 4x is really badly out of focus. This is sample size of 2.

My 2 haven’t tracked very well. No access to notes but on a known 22lr the disparity between reticle and turret was a lot. That’s all I remember.

Not a fan of the reticle.

Exposed turrets on a hard use run-gun need zero stops. I’d rather not use washers.. especially windage

Construction doesn’t scream robust.

Drops from chest high onto snowpacked driveway the zero shifted.. same rings/rails same hour with a known 6x swfa and lrhs passing with flying colors.

Pro:s
Weight. In a world of 22-27oz scopes it’s nice to run something so light.

10 mils on the erector is good

Swfa had a good vortex like warranty.

The size is nice

Eye relief and eye box are acceptable.

In review. It doesn’t hold zero, it doesn’t track, 1x sucks, and the illumination is useless
But it’s a 275 dollar scope that’s small and lightweight, and it’s not made in china.

Biggest reason I don’t run one on 22lr trainer is the mag ring throws the wrong way. Pisses me off. It’s a perfect scope for that role. Don’t need an ATACR for that kind of rifle.

Last edited by Ndbowhunter; 01/03/24.