Originally Posted by kaboku68
When I was growing up in the 1980s, Alaska was flush with oil money. This is early 80s. We used to go on school trips for two to three weeks at a time. I figured out that a hamburger was a pretty hard dish to monkey up. You could even go to a Chinese restaurant or a sushi place and ask for a hamburger and they won't monkey it up. I have been wrong a few times. But in my view, a 30 government 06 is a pretty tough rifle caliber to monkey up. You could do it but you have to try. Up here in the pucker brush a 6.5 creedmoor is basically an appetite stimulator for a large brown bear. Sure, you can show me a picture of some dude hunter in Kuiu holding his magical mojo chassis rifle in the manbun but I'd like to see the same feller in deep brush with a bloody deer on this back in 0 dark thirty. Nope. Nope. Nope. 06 is great in this gun.

I had an old neighbor who during the war years had a .270 that he used to hunt bear in Alaska with. I believe the .270 would of been fairly new at the time. If the .270 can do it the 30-06 can do it better. Especially in Alaska as you say. The 6.5 manbun just seems to be a bit under powered for what's hiding in an Alaska forest, especially after dark.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.