Originally Posted by CashisKing
Oyster and shrimp pasta... I'll post up a recipe in a bit...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Oyster Pasta

Shuck a quart of oysters (about 20-25 oysters)... save the liqueur (oyster juice) and add to cheese/butter sauce pan at about 0:20 minutes. Start times are given in minutes (This is important).

Start Time 0:00
2 quart saucepan on LOW (1/10 or 2/10):
- 1/2 stick of butter (or... I used bacon grease today)
- 2 packs of neufchatel or cream cheese (each is 8 oz.)
DO NOT RUSH/PUSH or it will stick or burn... expect 40 minutes to become a sauce/liquid.
-Season sauce with cayenne, black pepper, whatever you like... personally I use 1/8 to 1/4 cup of garlic... 1/8 cup of Texas Peter or Tabasco (you are not looking for heat, just flavor).
(NO OLD BAY seasoning or Habanero/Ghost)... oyster/pasta/cheese recipe it is a delicate flavor. Too much heat will overpower everything. Old Bay overpowers everything. I never use with oysters.)

Time - 0:20
Start 2-3 gallons of water (salt and olive oil added) at the 20 minute mark on the sauce.
Add oyster liqueur to cheese sauce that is still cooking.
Chip/chunk nuggets of Smithfield ham (4 oz to 1 lbs (your call... a little or a lot)).
Open and drain a can of Le Sueur Early Peas. Kernel corn works also... OR baked/roasted green beans... asparagus etc. (I used 2/3 of a pound of spinach today)
You get the idea... freelance

Time 0:35.
- With water boiling, cook 1.5 pounds of Angel hair pasta.
- Turn up heat on butter/cream cheese/oyster liqueur to 4/10 or 5/10 and stir some. Add liqueur (oyster juice) if you have previously forgotten to done so.

Time 0:38
Sauce is a smooth even liquid add the quart of oysters and dial back to LOW 2/10.
(DO NOT let oysters sauce/cheese cook more than 2-3 minutes... NEVER overcook an oyster).
Drain pasta and put in a large mixing bowl (12-15 liter) while HOT...
Pour the sauce into the pasta and stir completely for 1+ minute.

- Plate pasta... then add peas/ham/corn etc. after.

SERVES 6-10 PEOPLE...
Tupperware leftover in 1/2 quarts (i.e Pints). Eats cold the next day very well. Freezes great also.
Mussels, smoked fish, shrimp, scallops, or any type of chunked seafood works well also.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.