George and BK;

The first day it was cold, the fingers burned...Then the second, the body acclimated some and it wasn't as bad. Worst was around 12F in the morning and up to around the low 20's in the afternoon. Winds from 15 to middle 30MPH. The ice was on everything and perhaps a solid quarter inch thick. You didn't glide thru anything covered with it. You pushed yourself thru. Had one Hen get up that her back was covered with it. She had a hard time getting airborne. Good thing was often you put up Birds in larger bunches from protected areas. Must have been at least 6 times I put around 10, and one time over 30 Birds out of small protected bunches of trees they had spent the night under. And more than a few times with just a couple. Did see one extra cool thing. A Rooster sitting on the very top of a decent pine. Finest Christmas tree decoration I have ever seen.

Two LW top thermo's, a really thin puff and a windbreaker took care of the top mostly. However, the key is this. I had previously noticed Bobby wore Carhart bips and he swore by them for winter hunting. So, I bought a pair with a thin lining. He knew what he was talking about. I wore them with no long johns underneath and they kept out the wind up the legs and around your core. Only advice I can give is get yourself some. They have since become standard issue on cold days.

As far as the hat, no worries....however, I think the colors are fitting for hunting Roosters, and again plan on it being standard issue.

Beaver: There were a few more in my haul, but I was a piker compared to Bobby. Trust me, he is a Roosters worst nightmare.

There are some additional "cold" pics in the camera. Although it was easily handled when dressed properly and moving.

Last edited by battue; 11/23/22.

laissez les bons temps rouler