We haven’t had the snow for years like we have this year. We have a rather shallow roof angles and so have had to have a foot of snow removed from the last four or five feet of roof up from the gutters where we have ice-damming.

The guys pulled it down on our rear deck, putting a seven foot pile between our porch door and our grill. Looks like we won’t be grilling until June.

But driving anywhere in the country astonishes most folk because of the birds that are now bunched and visible even here in NW Iowa. Totally agree though that with 2-3 more months of potential storms, the birds are “up against it” as an old patient liked to say. Plus, they need warm, mild conditions going into May-June nesting.

On a positive note, the country looks pristine where the farmers aren’t already spreading manure. It’s like rattle-canning the Sistene Chapel. Jeepers, just wait a month or two. 😜

I’ll share an informal New Year’s resolution with you all — I will not buy another shotgun in the off-season…I will not buy…

Stay warm and well gents.