I'd rather hunt late season birds in miserable weather than "pleasant" if I am wanting to put birds in the bag quickly. That is not to say I like being out in bad weather but that it can be used to great advantage.

In bad weather birds are as reluctant to leave cover as you are to leave the house so one can often get in shotgun range easier. In these conditions suitable cover is much more limited which concentrates the bird and eliminates a lot of walking in low percentage cover.

That one super wary bird may let you get much closer before flushing and when it does flush, at least some of the others will hold and hope whatever spooked the first bird passes by. When one knows the cover and pheasant habits it is very possible to limit out at the first stop in a few minutes. More than once the walk to or from a particular spot took longer than actually shooting a limit.

I'm eating my heart out this year, 5 weeks ago I broke my tibia and am out of hunting for the year. I was going to go to South Dakota this weekend to be cook and help drive the guys around scouting but holding off now as those around me are/have been coming down with the flu. No sense getting others sicker than they normally are.