Originally Posted by renegade50
Originally Posted by Raeford
Originally Posted by renegade50
Originally Posted by gregintenn
I’ve never seen a rut like this before! Everywhere I look, here comes a doe followed by a buck with his tongue and pecker hanging out!
My old man brought a nice 8 pointer by here he’d killed today. He’ll be 80 next month. I helped him skin and debone it as I have a better place to do it than he does. He really didn’t need my help.
Word..
Hauling azz the last 3 days for me.
Wish one would just come along scent checking trails and all these scrapes that are popping up all over.
Just gotta put in the time on stand.
It's november anything can happen.

Same over here.
Saturday morning had doe/buck combos coming by so fast I couldn't my rifle up much less get a shot off.
Had four sets come by within the first hour and a half.
One was a limping spike that I saw during mz and decided I'd give him a go if I saw him again.
He came by at about 20MPH on 3.5 legs chasing a doe.
This one I seen in here yesterday.
Was at least 2 or 3 inches outside of his ears.
Blonde rack main beams look at him about 75 80 yds out.
Moving like the energizer bunny on meth behind a doe.
Chasing........

Like these does are just starting to hit the beginning of heat but just ain't receptive enough yet to stop and wait for their boyfriend to catch up or be coy too them.
Been seeing does.
But none walking stiff legged with tail up or straight back advertising.
I don’t know if it has to do with moon phases, weather, or what, but I want to think the rut is about 3 weeks late this year…and much more intense! Hell, I may strip off naked and chase the old lady around the yard after while.