The dysfunction in medicine is so total and so vast, nobody can rationally care.

For example, I'm terminal. I have radiation disease, a leftover from being zapped for Hodgkins in the 1970s. I am off the charts, most of my cohort has been dead for 20 years already. But the radiation syndrome when it started killing people was not publicized at all. I was treated at NYU in New York, along with hundreds of others, but there was never any outreach to warn "survivors." So, I finally had a stroke, in the radiated area of my brain, in a family with no stroke history.

The neurologists had no clue. In fact, I was left to figure it out myself, and about six weeks later decided I needed to see an oncologist. So I did, had scans, and I'm lit like a Christmas tree. The biggest thing is prostate cancer, and right behind that is mesothelioma of the GUTS. That's a 1 in 300,000. Chemo for one doesn't affect the other. I got castration because surgery would have catheterized me, nope. But the prostate PSA thing is still burning, so the onco said "Enzalutamide." Guess what? Enza is 17 grand a month! The "old" stuff, Bicalutamide, is 16 bucks, not grand. I haven't analyzed the survival rate or life-extension difference between the two, users of both still die PDQ, but Enza is NOT a thousand times better. Holy phuock!

And no, while I'm getting close, I don't expect I'll be able to get on Medicare.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.