Originally Posted by jackmountain
Not enough to get him elected unfortunately.
Buncha fundamentalist boomers couldn’t get over the “grab em by the pussy” clip. Stupid white people.
Fundamentalist were a core part of Trumps base. I consider myself a fundamentalist both biblically and constitutionally. When voting it’s the Constitutional aspect that I vote for and it generally meshes with the biblical side. More than any democrat.

I’m far from a perfect Christian even if there were such a thing. I believe in the Bible as written and I believe in the Constitution as written, hence a fundamentalist. When you change it to fit your wants they lose all meaning. They both say what they say take it or leave it. The Constitution is especially clear and easily understood without wiggle room.

I don’t care how nice a candidate is, or their appearance, or their charisma. Most fundamentalist are high information issue oriented voters that vote for the candidate that will implement correct policies. It’s what matters to them by definition of being fundamentalist and policy driven.

It’s the low information not paying attention “middle of the road, milk toast voters” that vote personality over policy.

Trump was the best President in my lifetime. I liked his mean quotes. Fighting back is exactly what the right needs. We’re all sinners with character flaws. Our Founders wrote the Constitution with that very understanding in mind. It’s the commie left that believes people are fundamentally good and that government can be trusted with more power “to do the right thing and help people.” Our Founders understood that people are inherently flawed and so are the governments comprised of those people. That government should therefore ensure liberty but otherwise mostly stay out of the way.