Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd
I injured my right knee a year ago and subsequently developed a Baker’s cyst behind the knee. It fills with fluid and even drains down into the calf, swelling, aching severely, and really limiting range of motion. I’ve had it drained twice now, and might be doing it again shortly. The cyst is the knee’s reaction to the injury, trying to produce a lot of fluid as a cushion. I may be looking at a TKR soon.

As an anesthetist, Ive probably given anesthesia for hundreds of these. I combined a femoral nerve block with a general anesthetic. The block probably cut immediate post op pain by 60-70% and worked well. Most anesth depts. won’t offer them as it takes some time before surgery, and placing the block correctly is one of those that a lot cannot do well.

Good luck.
Second one I had a spinal, no general anesthesia, much better results. No sore throat from being intubated, no having to come out of the fog. Southern Joint Replacement Center in Nashville gives you the option, best choice I think.

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA