Years ago when I had my shop I had a lot of guys that were regular regulars. šŸ˜‚. I got to know many guys and hunt with a few as well but mostly I got a lot of post hunt reports and pictures of their success or lack there of. One guy in particular bought a lot from us through the years and was a decent guy. He hunted the same spot for decades for bear high in the Methow/Okanogan area and heā€™d taken some beautiful bear over the years there. He told me that he carried his Sig .40 with FMJ ā€œfor penetrationā€. I told him that most target ammo is pretty anemic and Iā€™d be wanting something with more power but he wasnā€™t concerned. A week or so later he came into the shop with pictures of the bear heā€™d killed. He told me that heā€™d dropped it with a 200 yard shot from his 7mag but when he got up to it he was still alive. He used his Sig to finish it but he said that after 6 rounds of FMJ it wasnā€™t fazed so he shot it with his rifle at the base of the skull which did it. Upon skinning the bear all 6 FMJā€™s were in the fat on the offside of the hide. All 6 .40s/w rounds never made it into the thoracic cavity, never hit anything vital and didnā€™t penetrate adequately. I saw the pictures or I wouldnā€™t believe it myself.

On the other side of the spectrum Iā€™ve used some of the lightweight extremely fast ā€œboutiqueā€ loadings and Iā€™ve been extremely impressed with their performance. A good friend of mine killed a predatory black bear that was stalking him and harassing him for hours while he was steelhead fishing on the Skykomish river one day. He had been playing cat and mouse with this bad bear trying to get back to the truck but the bear had cut him off. Finally after hours of this the bear was making its move and my buddy was convinced that this was the culmination of the stalk that bear was engaged in. My buddy had his pistol out and was as ready as heā€™d ever be as the bear started towards him in charge modeā€¦my buddy said he fired one shot and was stunned when the bear literally folded mid stride. He put 2 or 3 more into him but he was dead. He was using his Glock 23 and RBCD lightweight high speed ammo. None of his shots hit the bear in the head or CNS. His first shot best he can figure hit the bear in the chest and destroyed the heart that was what stopped that charge. He reported it and waited for WDFW to show up. The game warden couldnā€™t believe that the ammo could be that effective but he was so impressed/curious about it that a week or 2 after that incident he came into my shop and bought some of the same ammunition that my buddy used since we were the only distributor of that ammo line on the West Coast.

Iā€™ve used some of the lightweight high speed RBCD ammo on vermin like raccoons and the wound is incredible. One raccoon I shot with a 90gr .45acp in my Glock 21. I hit it just behind the front left shoulder when I got up to it the right side of the body was goneā€¦.it quite literally blew it in half. Itā€™s the ammo I use to make a small gun into a big gun. It makes a .38spcl or .380acp into a seriously defensive weapon that punches far above its weight. The .380acp will penetrate 1/2ā€ thick AR500 plates. The RBCD ammo would easily penetrate AR500 plates that would stop everything else. The only round other than RBCD that penetrated the AR500 plates was the 7.62x51 AP with the steel penetrator but it was a tiny hole and had no lethality after penetrating the plate where the RBCD 7.62 hole was about twice the caliber size and penetrated a 2x4 behind it.

ļæ½Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.ļæ½ ļæ½General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~MolɔĢ€Ėn LabĆ© SkĆ½la~