Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
oh here is another problem, I have a couple crappy magazines for the 527 and they have quit selling them in 221FB they also don't have other parts for the 221,17 hornests 222's etc. namely bottom metal. like I alluded to. I have to wonder how much money they are making on bolt guns anyways. They probably don't place too high of priority on them. I feel like its hard to compete with all the bolt guns that are already out there on the used market. I don't see myself buying another bolt gun, at least I have no plans to, subject to change. but many of the ones I have don't get shot that much. its just the varmint related rigs that see much action.

I feel like its hard to compete with all the bolt guns that are already out there on the used market.

That's a big part of the problem. Today there are millions of used bolt-action rifles out there, many of which are very "affordable," and a bunch of new ones that can be even more affordable as well, and very accurate. These not just rifles like the Ruger American, but European brands such as Tikka, and even Sauer and Mauser--which are both part of the

Where is the marketing niche for bolt-action rifles these days?

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck