Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
Once you go suppressed you don’t go back

I purchased a Thunder Beast 9. When I bought it, I put my son-in-law on the government blackmail paper. The only real value to me was a .22 LR. It's in his possesion now.

All my rifles have brakes. They do a way better job of recoil reduction. When I hunt I use electronic hearing muffs. I see the bullet impacts.

At the range I use pugs and ear muffs.

are you actually trying to kid with me? your would rather wonder around the woods with muffs on? seriously? I wouldn't. I guess I dunnno what to say about that. a brake doing a better job of recoil reduction? I simply disagree emphatically. in fact I think if you need to have a brake on your rifle, you're shooting too much cartridge. F brakes, I hate it when people have them on rifles at the range. it sends a blast concussion across the entire shooting benches. IMO a 22LR is one of the most disappointing things to suppress. I have a 10-22 that suppression doesn't actually help much with. but I have a M&P 22 compact pistol that is quiter than a nail gun suppressed. its because the same ammo can't hit supersonic from the pistol but does from the rifle. kinda weird like that.

I have a 17 fireball that, you can actually see the ripple of the coyotes body through the scope when it takes a hit from the hydrostatic shock. an ultra 9 is a very large suppressor. since you bought it, the movement has been toward shorter and fatter cans. while I have a sico harvester 300 that is almost that long. I can see why a guy wouldn't want to tote it on a hunting rig if they have to carry the rifle very far. I have an ultra 5 for that, small and light weight, enough suppression to knock the sound and recoil way down, I also have a TBAC dominus if I want more suppression.

I would suggest giving the can another try on some different guns. cans aren't cheap, they end up being about $1000 for each one once the dust settles. but I flat out will not have a rifle that I own and shoot with any regularity uncanned. its that big of a difference across the board.