Hey Splatter, I feel your pain. 5 years ago, I had the double surgeries ordeal, I hope you do okay with this. I didn't. I was in pain every day for five years, Until 21 September of this year I got fixed. Yep, different Doctor, different Hospital, my back is almost pain free. My Dr. removed old hardware from the back installed new. The hardware I have in my back now looks totally different from the previous surgery. I did keep all the screws and wedge they installed from the front.
So now I'm fused from L-2 to S-1 as well my SI joints are fused. Two big, long screws on each side fusing that all together.

And two years before the surgery of five years ago I had my 4-5 L fused with rods and screws. I had had what is called a Spondylolisthesis; basically, my back was broke. Only thing holding it together was my spinal cord.

I know, that's a lot, but not all. I used to live in Montana, moved to California, Lots of reasons behind the move. Any rate we have lots of friends there. So, we decided let's go back to Montana and visit some friends. It was Mother's Day weekend, went to bed on a Saturday night was going to go to church with our friends on Sunday. I went to bed feel normal and okay, I woke up Sunday morning in great pain. Long story short going short. I called my family Doctor in California told him what happened. Monday, I start for home (driving) not much fun. He scheduled an MRI for me when I was back in town. My disc at 4-5 in my neck blew up. I knew the guy giving me my MRI. He came over and helped me off the table. He asked me what did i do to my neck? He told me, he was amazed I walked in there. That disc had literally blew up. Parts of it was throughout my neck.

So, I had a surgery to make repair in my neck. They used bone from a cadaver.

Now, this takes us to the surgery I had two months ago. When I met with the Anesthesiologist prior to the surgery I told him I had a fusion in my neck; and I couldn't bend my head and neck back like a normal person. He stated that everything should be okay. Well, when I became awake after the surgery, I had lots of pain in my neck. Two months later my neck still hurts. My lower back is great.
"We" are waiting to see if the pain, discomfort subsides from my neck before we proceed further. I have a bad neck pain for a little over two months.

Have faith in your doctor. I think you do. Because you said, you were going to get fixed. That's what I was saying too.

Five spine surgeries later, I feel much better. If my neck didn't hurt, I would feel like a new man.

I'll say a prayer for you.
Blessings your way.

I hope I got it all in there.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor