Take care splattermatic! I asked the surgeon what the torque specs were on the screws, he just looked at me! Lol! And I commented that if someone said I had a screw loose, I really might! My surgery was over 8-1/2 hours, took me quite a while to get over the effects from being under that long. Do your best to stay hydrated, it helped me. I too had the front and rear incisions, double whammy. I'm coming up on the 5 year anniversary of my surgery, completely happy with my outcome. They'll tell you to walk, walk as much as you can and then some. Follow the doctors advise on after care, be careful how much you lift. It was almost a year before my surgeon allowed me to have any PT, spine needed that much time to completely heal from everything. I listened to what I was instructed to do, did everything they said like my life depended on it and couldn't be happier with my outcome. Again, take care and best to you!

killerv, she's going to need help with everything, doing anything. From getting out of bed, the toilet, getting dressed... everything for a couple weeks at least...

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

Illinois State Rifle Association member