Originally Posted by badger
The lack of range and the reliability question are deal breakers for me. The terrain I hunt is hilly in places, with Georgia red clay bottoms, and some creek crossings to get from one side of the lease to another. The creek crossings have been the nemesis of a couple of electric SXS's, including a Bad Boy that got water into the throttle controller. I didn't see it happen, but the look on the driver's face afterward told me it was a life changing experience. It apparently launched itself through the creek and down a gully on the other side before he could shut it off. Might have been some soiled underwear during his adventure.

Agreed these units will have to be well sealed electric and water are a bad mix. However I am sure it can be done there is a company in Texas called Vulcan i believe that makes electric off road vehicles including side by sides and motorcycles that the company says can actually run underwater.

The range issue is a concern as well but for my purposes I cant see running more than 20 miles away from the camp at any time

Last edited by scotts308; 11/29/22.