Originally Posted by mathman
I feel so lame not having a machine shop of my own. grin

Yes, that certainly helps. But like most people, I got by for a long time just using what I had to work with and thinking things through.

But there's just no 'magic' in dies. wink The die mfgrs. have a to make a product that works to size almost anything with that specific chambering....not an enviable position to be in.

90% of the hunters and general reloaders will be well served with quality, off the shelf dies from a reputable manufacturer. Just taking some time and doing some homework before buying anything solves most problems before they start.

The chambers are the wildcard followed by the customers themselves. With so many basic misconceptions, poor setup/adjustments and the resistance of many, many reloaders to actually measure and find out what's going on....it's no wonder that there are 'problems'...either real or perceived. crazy I'm amazed there aren't more issues that there are. Which in reality speaks to how a good a job most die mfgrs do with the dimensions of their products.

Good shootin' smile -Al

Forbidden Zoner