Originally Posted by Remsen
Originally Posted by erikj
Originally Posted by Remsen
I'm afraid I'm on path to do what GeeDubya described (sorta).

For me, it started around 2008, when the economy melted down and the government intervened to save all the financial institutions. I was working at a big law firm at the time, with a number of financial company clients, and I pissed off the partners when I openly stated that I would rather see every bank in the nation go under than give the government power to control every aspect of our lives in exchange for the bailout.

When the bailouts occurred and I saw the Obama regime hand over GM to the unions, rather than to the bondholders who legally should have received the assets, I left the world of big law farms and took a massive pay cut to start my own practice, focused on those things I actually cared about. Over time, I went on a mission to make myself self sufficient to the maximum extent possible given the realities of my life (aging parents, property ownership, etc.).

Moving to Montana was the big final step for me. Much lower cost of living, much more freedom, I own some land with a basic cabin and lots of game available.

I look back at CA and see that they are now going to bleed working people to give reparations to blacks and am sure that at some point, it will go nationwide. I'm doing my best to not depend on government for a thing and also to not be subject to taxation.

Yes, I have a lot less money available now, but I also have a lot less need for money.
Didn't you make a run for office?
Yes

How did you do?

If you ran as an R you must have won. MT rarely elects Ds