[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I went outside this morning to pee off the front porch of my single-wide and saw this 4X4 bull elk about 3/4 of a mile away. I ran back inside and grabbed my great grandad's iron sighted 30-40 Krag and let loose. I used some Kentucky windage on it and landed a perfect heart shot. I was using some custom 180 grain Speer bullets that are only available through a friend of a friend over 76.3 grains of H-4320 I bought in 1978. Still has the price sticker on it. The elk was dead on his feet, but didn't know it and took off running. He ran straight for my trailer and piled up right under my kids old swing set next to the hog pen.

I ran in a got the keys to my lifted 4X4 yellow Avalanche with the winch in the bed and pulled it up over swing set the skinning rail.

Well, I have a custom made Gene Ingram skinner with mother of pearl inlays in the scales and real gold plating on the blade. It did quick work reducing the elk to a naked hanging carcass. I then fired up my Stihl chainsaw with the 84 inch bar and trimmed the legs and split it down the backbone. I use this saw only for splitting elk and have the bar oil filled with Wesson Oil. I have gone through 2 bars and 86 chains spliting ek I have shot from my porch. Being right next to the hog pen was convenient as I didn't have to cart the gut pile very far. I just tossed it over the fence. There were some flies because of the hogs, but I sprayed the elk with fly repellent and that seemed to take care of them.

Disaster struck when my uncle's lucky manila hanging rope broke and half of the elk fell in the gravel, but I was able to brush most of it off. Since this is my 16th elk this year, it will all be ground anyway and that should take care of any grit that I missed.

You guys are jealous of me and my hunting success. Admit it.

The cow is where you are, the bull is where you want to be.

No one gets something for nothing unless someone else got nothing for something.