Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Me and the old lady were walking the 40 back behind the doublewide last week. I heard a loud roar coming from an ironwood thicket off to my right. No sooner than I looked over that way, I saw a well maned male lion airborne about 12 feet in the air on a path right for the wife. Thanks to the speed and lightning quick reflexes that bicycling have given me, I lunged with all of my worth right toward him and speered him in the head like a crack addled linebacker. It knocked him plum the fugk out.

I ran the wife back to the trailer and locked her up. I grabbed the 404 Webley and headed back out to give him the coup de gras. When I got back to where he was, he was gone. I figured he was stalking the old lady so I sprinted back toward the double wide. Sure enough, there he was walking toward the front door. Not wanting to take a risky Texas Heart Shot, I ran up and smacked him on the ass to get him to turn around. He was faster than I thought, so I didn't have time lower the barrel. Instinctively, from all of my Special Beret training, I gave him a but stroke to the head. There he lay and quivered for a second before giving up the ghost. Never had to fire a shot. We took a quick pic.

I figured I'd get him mounted. He was too heavy to throw in the back of the Colorado, so I went out to the shed to get the tractor. It took a while to disconnect the manure spreader and get the front end loader hooked up. By the time I got back the coyotes had dragged him off into the mesquite.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

a 600 pound lion shot by a 800 pound hunter....don't see that every day...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez