Originally Posted by BC30cal
Salty;
Good afternoon to you my cyber friend, good to see you posting again.

There are a few rigs which really defy logic when it comes to regular maintenance.

A former boss's wife drove a Mercedes SUV diesel which blew a tail light on the right side. After a quick look I found that there was some sort of onboard computer there in front of the taillight assembly which would have to be unplugged and removed to access the tail light attachment screws.

Not being born yesterday, even then Salty, I buttoned it back up, called a local shop in Penticton that works on Mercedes and asked if they would do it or did it have to go to the dealer in Kelowna to get the computer re-flashed?

They could, they did and the bill was just shy of $1300 for one tail light bulb...

My '03 Dodge headlights are a bit of a Red Cross process too, with and without gloves. Oh and don't do it when it's cold as the plastic just breaks so they say and I can totally see that.

Anyways sir, it's good to see you here at our cyber 'Fire once more.

All the best to you all as we head into the Christmas Season.

Dwayne

cheers Dwayne! Boy howdy you're braver than I am I would have taken one look at that emblem of German over engineering on that thing and wouldn't even try a quick look! Beautiful cars those Mercedes but the horror stories abound.

I did have one win today however. The heater was slow to come on in my Nissan Frontier I noticed in this cold snap. Had a look today and I was down a smidge on coolant. I had that little resevoir cap (steel I might add) off and it topped up. Then closed the lid. What a concept!