Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
I have a CZ 527 American chambered in 6.5 Grendel. I like it a lot. It’s a sample of one and the only round that I’ve shot in it is factory Hornady 123 SST. It isn’t a tack driver. Probably 1.5” five shot 100 yard groups are the norm. It’s a nice old school bolt rifle IMO. I was lucky enough to buy it shortly before the closeout and before prices went up. I wish that I had bought a few more in other chamberings.

That mirrors my 527 Grendel experience. Very nice rifle, but not a tackdriver with either factory or handloads. Tinkered with the barrel bedding, but when the Fieldcraft appeared, I bailed for that. Even sold my stash of Accubond LRs, which I had to replace when I dove back in with a $359 Howa that outshot the CZ straight out of the box, by a good bit. That Howa earned some pricey upgrades.

FWIW, I was poking about on GB and GI yesterday and found a lot of 527s. Left-handed ones are still pretty cheap, but the rest start at around a grand for the most part, and go up. I have some renewed interest, kinda-sorta in them as I just bought a unit that allows 527 mags in a Howa mini. Works well, and unlike the real 527s, you can drop one on the top and close the bolt on it.

What fresh Hell is this?