Originally Posted by Pappy348
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
I have a CZ 527 American chambered in 6.5 Grendel. I like it a lot. It’s a sample of one and the only round that I’ve shot in it is factory Hornady 123 SST. It isn’t a tack driver. Probably 1.5” five shot 100 yard groups are the norm. It’s a nice old school bolt rifle IMO. I was lucky enough to buy it shortly before the closeout and before prices went up. I wish that I had bought a few more in other chamberings.

That mirrors my 527 Grendel experience. Very nice rifle, but not a tackdriver with either factory or handloads. Tinkered with the barrel bedding, but when the Fieldcraft appeared, I bailed for that. Even sold my stash of Accubond LRs, which I had to replace when I dove back in with a $359 Howa that outshot the CZ straight out of the box, by a good bit. That Howa earned some pricey upgrades.

FWIW, I was poking about on GB and GI yesterday and found a lot of 527s. Left-handed ones are still pretty cheap, but the rest start at around a grand for the most part, and go up. I have some renewed interest, kinda-sorta in them as I just bought a unit that allows 527 mags in a Howa mini. Works well, and unlike the real 527s, you can drop one on the top and close the bolt on it.

That's too bad I'm up in Canada, their isn't many 527 LH around.

Proud Left hander!