Originally Posted by BC30cal
Brother Fubar;
Top of the morning to you my cyber brother, I trust that other than the political turmoil we're enmired in that all else in your life is more than less fine.

Please help a semi-geezer's memory out here, but even back in the day did Jeep actually ever say the factory bar was anything more than for looks?

In the '80's when the BC pickups all had the "roll bar" in the box they were sold up here as a "light bar" and there was a warning that they didn't help in a roll over.

Anyways, having never been near a Jeep until our eldest bought a one owner XJ I'd only gone hunting in buddy's a couple times. His had that factory bar too if I'm remembering right?

Thanks in advance and all the best.

Dwayne

My cyber brother from the land of Canucks... smile

Early jeeps did not come with roll bars...
I may be wrong, but best I can remember when AMC bought them out they started installing roll bars and I believe they called them that, and they bolted to the tub.
The AMC Jeep was a tad longer to accommodate the 258 straight six and the 304 V8 that replaced the 4 banger and Buick V6
All our older Jeeps had custom cages and the majority bolted to the tub, race Jeeps being an exception.
I have seen Jeeps roll up to a dozen slow rolls off road and the tub mounted cages worked ok. They were completely destroyed but the occupants survived

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.