Originally Posted by CCCC
70 not much at all, but at about 77 some stuff started to act up/break down - two different serious events in a three or four year span. The 80s much more telling. Every day is a gift - and a challenge to prioritize, keep going at a decent rate and accomplish as many goals as possible. We all differ - only God does not.

Paul, I admire your outlook and I wish Dad had your same perspective. He's 83 and very difficult to be around. He's a mean SOB and treats Mom terribly. He's ready to die and he's taking it out on those that are closest to him. Won't take his meds (pancreatic cancer & diabetes), stands in front of the open 'fridge eating chocolate 7 or 8 times a day and his blood sugar is sky high. I'm leaving Big D tomorrow to head back to EP for a while and Mom had a special steak dinner planned for us. Dad got into it with my younger brother and said some really hurtful things to him. Brother fought back and it was terrible - he left with my nephew and refused to break bread with Dad. I guess Dad's not interested in seeing his granddaughter again. Mom tries and tries to help him and he's just a mean bastard to everyone - especially her. Hollering every night. Lots of cussing as well. Nothing to be done about it either.

You would think that someone in his position whose time is very limited would make an effort to get closer to his family and make the most of whatever time he has left. Nope. Not him.

The good news is that I have 2 meatloaf sammiches in the cooler ready for the road.

Last edited by High_Noon; 12/07/22.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue