Originally Posted by ElkHtrNevada
Amazing all the expert advice from the guys who have never hunted on Kodiak island, not to mention ever killed a Brown Bear.

I remember one show where the client had this silly huge "tactical" rifle with a long bbl and huge protruding magazine and a giant scope. Mike had to tell him to shoot the bear several times before he did. All it takes is money.

The worst part of that show is the idiot who thinks you can chase away Pumas and they won't come back.
He also drags around an AR when 94 Trapper carbine would do anything he needs done.

Bullshitting is easy, eh ? Tell us more. OK:

I spent 5 years in Alaska and soon as I became a resident hunter I went self-guided for a week, some might say misguided, to Kodiak for deer and fun with the bears.
Had a Kodiak bear press his nose on my tent so his nose and mine were separated only by inches and a layer of nylon cloth,
one moonless night at Spiridon Moor on the shore of Spiridon Lake near Spiridon Bay.

A couple years later I drew a brown bear tag for another Kodiak week at Jap Bay.
Misguidedly I ran at King Kong of Kodiak glassed from a mile away, got within 300 yards of him before he ran.
Had he not been sitting 50 yards above the camp of a couple of bowyers, watching them with his head on paws,
sniffing their breakfast bacon, I might have been sneakier, and I might have been less of a hero to the deer hunters.
Maybe I saved their bacon ?

Ron aka "Rip" for Riflecrank Internationale Permanente
NRA Life Benefactor and Beneficiary
.458 Winchester Magnum, Magnanimous in Victory
THE WALKING DEAD does so remind me of Democrap voters. Donkeypox.