Mountain Men is heavily directed. Marty Meiotto is a complete beast(He is right about 60 years old and can bench 350lbs at 180lbs bodyweight) but they would often portray him as a weak frozen popsickle with frosted glasses always on the cusp of death by exposure. I am pretty sure that Marty is tough enough that he could go out of his place in Pleasant Valley right now in -5F in a t-shirt and jeans and dig a snowcave, make a brushbreak, or just siwash under a spruce tree and survive the night on just doing sets of pushups and making a fire out of the soggy crap that is on the ground and the stuff in his pockets. I am sure that Horstman is like that too. His outfit looks very much like lets git chit done and not worry about the nuances of every aspect of his weapon. Everybody is just a little bit different in their tastes. One legendary master guide that is one of my mentors uses a Remington KS in 416 Rem. This is a guy who went through the Lassen Community College Gunsmithing School and Caltech in Mechanical Engineering for his BA. He owns many planes and a fishing and hunting lodge in Bristol Bay. He could 'smith a perfect mauser with a Echol's Legend and probably knows the Echols 52 move trick with a lyman peep. He uses that Remington because it happened along and it did the job exactly right.

Last edited by kaboku68; 12/11/22.