Originally Posted by shrapnel
Originally Posted by Riflecrank
Originally Posted by Riflecrank
The picture of the rifle barrel with the electrical tape on it, is common among Alaskans. They will wrap the barrel several times with tape and then use the tape to cover the muzzle against water and debris.

It is a small tape dispenser…

Of course, everyone reading here knows about taping your muzzle
to prevent obstruction of barrel whether by snow, mud, or dirt dauber, etc.
The point of the illustration is that the tape can disguise a slimline muzzle brake,
until the rifle is fired once,
for those who are not proud of being caught with a brake on a .375 H&H.

How many wraps does it take to convince someone like you that it isn’t for disguising the muzzle brake?
shrapnel,
I see you have no sense of humor.
Mike Horstman also has two separate wraps of black tape around the stock forend and barrel of his rifle.
I would have made a joke about it being a fine-tuning for proper tip pressure to improve accuracy of his bear rifle,
but figured you would not get that either.
White or fluorescent tape on the end of the barrel,
either longitudinally or circumferentially or both,
makes a passable night sight. No joke.
Jungle jaguar hunters and Alaska bear guides of note have been known to do that.
Wraps of tape around the scope tube is also a good place to spool your tape. No joke.

You are so sure of yourself and call BS on what I said about the criteria for Mountain Men. Nathan Sterner is a producer for the Mountain Man series, he works for Warm Springs Productions and I worked with him on the Custer documentary and he told me that when they picked the stars of that show, they were looking for men with beards. How or why you want to call BS needs to be thought out better before you make such a claim.

Where is your sense of truth?

Wow, shrapnel really is humorless, and quick on the keyboard, and thinks a little name dropping is impressive.
He posted before I was through with this edit above:

"BTW, Elli Tansy is pretty young. She might grow a beard yet, will wait and see.
The Mountain Men show is pretty sappy and scripted-like too often.
It does have some good segments that stand out if you can stay awake through the drivel.
Overall, I find it alternately both exciting and dull, overall worth watching.
Look at the bright side of life."

They have beardless women starring since original JOKE by the producer about casting only bearded men.
Shrapnel did not get it then, does not get it now.
BTW, that is just my sense of the TRUTH.
Heh-heh-heh.

Ron aka "Rip" for Riflecrank Internationale Permanente
NRA Life Benefactor and Beneficiary
.458 Winchester Magnum, Magnanimous in Victory
THE WALKING DEAD does so remind me of Democrap voters. Donkeypox.