Originally Posted by Trystan
Originally Posted by MAC
Originally Posted by Trystan
It has a lot to do with losing a deer on a lung shot! The bullet is traveling slow and while it may break bones very well it doesn't do jack [bleep] to the lungs!

Trystan

Utter BS. No deer will survive or go far with a .45 hole in the lung and if you hit a deer in the lungs with a 45-70 that is the minimum size hole you would have and that bullet will not stay in the deer so you will have a hole on both sides. If you lost the deer then you DID NOT get the lungs or you don't know how to follow up a blood trail.

And before you try to tell me I don't know what the hell I am talking about I tagged my 100th deer this season, have taken 25 elk, 18 pronghorn, 3 black bear, 2 bighorn sheep, 4 bison, 1 mountain goat, at least 100 hogs and 42 species in Africa.

You don't know what you don't know sir

I know that you don't know what the hell you are talking about. I have shot deer with a 45-70. I have also shot deer with a 450 Marlin. I have gutted those same deer and have seen what those 45 caliber rounds did to the lungs. You're either a fool or a liar. Perhaps both.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!