Originally Posted by SKane
catnthehat,

Nice buck! Interesting rifle too.
Thanks
That rifle was built with the input of the guys here on the 'fire and on Canadiam Gun Nutz
I had a spare action on a 45/70 BP long range match rifle I could not shoot at the time so decided to have some fun and build my dream hunting rifle.
We ened up with express sights, half round/ octagon barrel, Treebone wood, and since it already had Wolf springs and a Kepplinger trigger we left that alone.
The biggest problem was choosing the cartridge, seeing how there are so many good ones to choose from.
After a bit of discussion it was generally agreed that it should be a rimmed cartridge .
Somebody here ( can't remember who) said that seeing how I was a Canuck the obvious choice was .303 British!
Greydog graciouslly accepted the job, and he already had a .311 blank .He added a few of his personal touches ( I told him to do whatever he wanted ) and altered the trigger guard, added the Brno front sight band, and milled the quarter rib right into the barrel as well as the barrel sling stud.
The result is a 26" barreled falling block that handles and carries like a dream ans shoots super!
Closest animal was 19 yards and the furthest was 372 yards, all 31 but two were taken with one shot , but there was really no need for the second shot on those two as it turned out .
I run 150 Barnes TSX's at 2774FPS with it using 4895
Cat

Last edited by catnthehat; 12/28/22.

scopes are cool, but slings 'n' irons RULE!