Update

I wanted to try some Lehigh 68 grain Xtreme Defenders and also wanted to see if I could bust a couple of suspected myths. Here are some tests with different ammo than the first batch.

First up was the Lehigh 68 grain Xtreme Defense. These were purchased off of Wilson Combat’s website. It does not appear at this time that Lehigh is selling loaded ammo on its own website, which is different than before Lehigh Defense was purchased by Wilson Combat.

This penetrated one less jug than the 90 grain Xtreme Penetrators, and penetrated slightly less than the Buffalo Bore hard cast.

Next up was Blazer Brass 95 grain FMJ RN. A lot of people assert that hardball will penetrate just as much as hard cast or Lehigh copper solid ammo. What do you think?

I tried this test twice and got the same result both times.

Next up was Hornady 90 grain Critical Defense. I am skeptical of ammo that is only tested against bare gel and cloth covered gel. Guess what happened.

[video:youtube]
[/video]

Here is a photo of the recovered bullets.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I wanted to try it with Hornady Custom and American Gunner with the 90 grain XTP bullet (another mythological favorite), but I get bad bullet setback when chambering .380 rounds in my guns. I don’t know if I got a couple of out-of-spec batches of ammo or not, or if specifications have changed since I bought mine, but I won’t shoot them out of my guns.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln