Update

I shot some more .380 ammo. However, it occurred to me that I have not run the same test using any other calibers. So, I figured I would run the same test with “gold standard” 9mm ammo. I shot the same array with a 9mm Speer 124 grain standard pressure Gold Dot. This is a very standard police load fired out of 4-4.5 inch duty barrels. I fired this round out of my 3.1 inch barreled Sig P365. Figure another 50 FPS out of a longer barrel and figure 50 FPS extra velocity over standard pressure out of +P rounds.

Back to the .380 tests.

.380 Hornady Custom 90 grain XTP. This is a darling of the Internet crowd along with the Critical Defense ammo. I had to slowly feed this into the chamber because I get a lot of bullet setback with this ammo.

Another new darling is the 85 grain Federal Punch.

A long time Internet favorite is the Speer 90 grain Gold Dot. I love Gold Dots but not in .380.

crttrgttr sent me this ammo so I tried it. 56 grain Novx.

I recently tried a .380 Lehigh 90 grain Xtreme Penetrator. See earlier in this thread. Since Lehigh was acquired by Wilson Combat, I have not seen this as loaded ammo. Underwood loads the XP, so I bought some standard pressure, which runs about 50 fps faster than the Lehigh version.

Draw your own conclusions. I will share mine at some point.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln