After cogitating on the video posted just above this, I decided to see what kind of penetration I would get when shooting only water jugs with the same round. I did it twice, once a couple of months ago and once recently. Here is the most recent one.

I got into jug 4 with a dimple on jug 5 with the earlier shot. But, there was too much wind noise and a narration error, and I didn’t publish it. In contrast, note that a Speer 9mm standard pressure 124 grain 9mm Gold Dot fired out of a Sig P365 XL stopped in jug 3. The Gold Dot expanded nicely, which, obviously, the XD round will not do.

I had a couple of water jugs left and decided to add another piece of 22 gauge steel in front of the wood and see what happened.

I am guessing it would have gotten into the third jug.

My little Sig is loaded with this round. I need to shoot some more of it in my Glock 42 to test for functioning, but it's fine so far. Note that I can only chamber rounds once in the Sig before putting them in the practice pile because a slight bit of setback starts with the first chambering. That's not great, but I can live with it.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln